If you’re uncertain on how to get a clean mix before sending it to us. Here’s an easy way. just follow the steps below.
Start fresh… Mute everything. Bypass everything on your master channel. Limiters/Maximizers are bad for mastering.
- Start with the kick. Make it solo. Make sure it doesn’t peak red on the master channel. Yellow is good!
- Unmute the bass. Keep it where you want it but don’t let the kick and bass peak red together.
- Do the same thing with the Snare. Everything should sound loud enough and thumping without peaking red.
- Now adjust volumes and pans on the rest of the sounds. The master should never peak red when you’re done. Yellow is the key color! (No limiter)
- Before you export the track level the master volume down to -3db or even better -6db.
Make sure you have plenty of headroom (-3db is standard but -6db is better), no distortion or peaks over 0 dBFS.
If the sound of your mix depends on the plug-ins on your mix bus, keep them, but bypass your brickwall limiter.
Stereo wave file in 16 or 24 bits only, no stems. Now you’re ready to send it to: email@example.com through www.wetransfer.com.